Invest in Tampere.Finland
There's something wonderfully traditional, even seductive in Tampere, and something so dynamic but relaxing. This unique attitude also reflects on the numerous business success stories in the region.
Tampere is already known as a leading industrial city around Europe and the world, combined with ICT expertise which is exceptionally strong in the area. Anything is possible in the happiest country in the world and in its most attractive city.
Did you know that...
The Tampere Region is known of it expertise in the fields of intelligent mechanical engineering, artificial intelligence, imaging, circular economy and the creative industries. About 80 per cent of Finnish industry and business is concentrated within a two-hour drive from Tampere.
Tampere is the second largest urban area in Finland, and one of the fastest growing. The limit of 400,000 inhabitants in the city region was reached in 2021. The largest age group are 20-34 years old.
Tampere University community and the vocational schools in the area have over 50,000 students alltogether. In fact, every 6th city resident in Tampere is a student. Measured by the number of applicants, Tampere University is the most popular in Finland.Tampere university community and vocational education
Find your business opportunity in the Tampere Region
To be successful, the industry needs to be able to combine and apply various new technologies. For example, artificial intelligence, automation, robotics, IoT and material and manufacturing technologies such as 3D and nanotechnology create new opportunities in fields like machine vision applications and predictive maintenance.
Tampere is already known as a leading industrial city around Europe and the world, combined with ICT expertise which is exceptionally strong in the region.
The city of Tampere is heavily investing in growth. Brand new tramway started operating in August 2021, new world-class multipurpose arena, Nokia Arena, rises now in the heart of the city. Oh, and did you know that the Finland’s first Hollywood production was actually filmed in Tampere?
What companies say about Tampere
– The dynamic automotive ecosystem is one of the main reasons we are in Tampere. Here we are surrounded by highly competent companies, and collaborating with them.
Managing Director, BHTC Finland
– The knowhow in the Tampere region makes us the forerunners of secure digitalisation both nationally and globally, states Latvala.
Chief Digital Officer, Insta Group
– We know how talented the local community is, and Scandit is proud to be part of it. We welcome Business Tampere’s ongoing support.
– Business Tampere and the imaging ecosystem have been a great help in setting up the business in Tampere. According to my experience, the process has been among the smoothest anywhere.
Senior Director and Head of R&D, Xiaomi inland
– There is an abundance of expertise and a diverse business sector in Tampere. The city has a positive attitude towards all kinds of development work and invests in the systematic utilisation of digitalisation.
CEO, Wapice Ltd.
– International companies large and small have always been in Tampere. The role that the local University of Technology, other technical colleges and the VTT Technical Research Centre play in the success of companies cannot be underestimated.
Research Manager at Sandvik and Chairman of the Board, FIMA
Cooperation between companies and the university, as well as a pipeline of skilled students, continue to be the most common reasons for companies to choose Tampere for product development sites.
Senior Business Advisor, Business Tampere
Tampere is home to more than 400,00 residents, with the population steadily growing. In surveys, year after year, Tampere is the city to which Finns would most prefer to move to.
For companies Tampere Region is an ideal place to do business, where the scale makes it easy get around, meet the right people and collaborate with other businesses.
Tampere University Community welcomes close to 6,000 new students each year. The fact that the city is alive and beating combined with excellent education possibilities means that Tampere gets the best students. Steady flow of top talent attracts companies from near and far to set up their operations to the Tampere Region.
Are you looking for a lot or business premises? See what we have to offer at Tampere.Finland
These companies are already operating in the Tampere Region
Tampere is a state of mind, and the unique attitude also reflects on business life with numerous success stories. The regional business and innovation ecosystems help companies operating or relocating in to the region find new business and collaboration opportunities.
You’re most welcome to write your success story in Tampere.Finland.
Director, investments and global operations
+358 40 762 3784
Senior business advisor, relocation services
+358 50 505 2228