Business Tampere is hiring: International relations manager, startups24.11.2021
Haku sulkeutuu .
Is your heart beating for the Tampere Region? Would you like to develop sustainable and international growth of the startups in the region? Would you like to work in a vantage point to meet companies and promote businesses in various ways?
We have a vacancy for an experienced business developer of startup and scaleup companies who feels at home in an international business environment.
You should start working with us on 1st February 2021 at the latest.
We will develop our startup ecosystem faster from now on, and we are orienting beyond the borders of our country. International startup ecosystems and other international actors will be integrated more closely with the Tampere Region startup ecosystems and the startup house Platform6. Additionally, startup and scaleup companies in our region will be linked to cooperate with international corporations, e. g. when it comes to accelerator programmes. Also, cooperation with the EU innovation actors will be promoted.
The vacancy is for you if you have the vision, experience and courage to take the international cooperation of the Tampere Region startup ecosystem to a new level.
Your tasks include:
- boosting the cooperation between international businesses and startups in corporate programmes (mapping programmes, starting cooperation, scouting companies)
- Promoting closer cooperation with EIT innovation communities (choosing more potential ones, mapping models for cooperation and putting them into practice)
- linking international startup hubs with the ecosystems in the region and as part of P6 operations
- anything else that you find important for promoting wider international co-operation between our startup businesses and the whole ecosystem
What we expect from you:
- a university degree in a relevant subject
- ability to present your ideas clearly
- fluent reporting skills and usage of relevant programmes
- previous experience of startup business development
- evidence of promoting international cooperation
- fluent communication skills at least in written and oral English
- uncompromising service attitude
As an employee, you:
- have good interaction, communication and organizational skills
- are familiar with different digital tools
- are able to manage large entities and promote issues long-term
- are not intimidated by rapidly changing plans and unexpected situations
- are customer service oriented
- are proactive and reliable
- act naturally in networks and as part of a team
Business Tampere is the economic development agency of the Tampere region, promoting investments and creating an attractive environment for sustainable business in the region. Read more on our webpage.
If you want to join our dream team, send your application and CV as well as salary expectations to us no later than on December 15, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your subject line is ”International relations manager, startups”. The start date can be negotiated, but we would like you to start on 1st February, 2021 at the latest.
For any further information, contact:
Director, Business service development and business environment
tel. +358 40 821 5113