Circular economy refers to a production and consumption framework that mainly aims to keep products and materials in circulation either as a product or, when that can no longer be used, as components or raw materials. The global utilisation and success of this framework supports greatly in tackling global challenges like climate change, biodiversity loss, waste, and pollution.
In this seminar we explore how artificial intelligence and machine learning can boost the circular economy journey of different organisations and how these technologies support building truly scalable solutions to nowadays problems and opportunities.
AI has attracted significant buzz and in the talks we cut through the jargons and present how AI can help businesses with a focus on circular economy. AI is known to provide significant improvements in at least three main areas: product design, operations, and infrastructure optimisation.
Talks cover multiple facets of AI powered circular economy including talks from regulatory information providers, solution providers, and equipment manufacturers. All the talks are highly relevant to a wide variety of industries as they cover themes such as material efficiency, asset utilisation, production & industrial process automation, and sustainability.
- Introduction and welcome address – Mikael Ruohonen, Business Lead, Data Science, AI & Analytics, Solita
- Circular economy and AI – Aki finer, Director (Circular Economy), Motiva
- Motiva is a state-owned company that provides the public sector, businesses, municipalities and consumers with information, solutions and services that allow them to make resource-efficient, effective and sustainable choices.
- Potential use case areas of AI in circular economy – Karthik Sindhya, AI strategist, Solita
- AI can accelerate the transition to a circular economy. In this talk we present different ways across industries, i.e. design of products, operating circular business models, and optimising circular infrastructure with selected inspiring use cases.
- AI DevOps lifecycle: Case study about industrial waste sorting with AI – Jokke Ruokolainen, Machine Learning Architect, Solita
- In this talk we consider computer vision & AI based tire waste sorting, a Solita AI case study, and enumerate typical steps involved in an AI development & operations lifecycle.
- How AI can play important role in TANA – Teemu Lintula, VP, Services & SmartSite, Tana Oy
- Tana Oy is an environmental technology company, which specialises in machines and equipment for mechanical processing of solid waste. The company manufactures landfill compactors and recycling machinery. Tana is a pioneer of using electrical control systems and artificial intelligence solutions in its equipment.
The event is conducted in English and participation is free. The event is part of the Intelligent Organization – the event series. You can read more about the event series here.
Register here. The online registration is open until the end of the event. Welcome!
Mikael Ruohonen, Business Lead – Data Science, AI & Analytics, Solita
firstname.lastname@example.org, +358 414 516 808
Signup ends on: 10.01.2023 00:00