Compact but big enough city for the great things to happen
- Tampere is the second largest urban area in Finland with a population of 505 000.
Internationally competitive and cost effective
- Availability of cost competive and talented high tech workforce in Tampere is at the moment very good.
- At the heart of the EU’s most competitive country (WEF’s Global Competitiveness Report 2014-2015)
- Finland has the lowest corporate tax in the Nordics.
- 23% cheaper operating costs than Helsinki
- Salary costs 31% cheaper than Munich
- Salary costs 165% cheaper than California
Year after year, Tampere tops the Finnish list of attractive cities as chosen by people and companies
Tampere region is the second largest economic region in Finland after capital area. Together with its surrounding municipalities, Tampere creates one of the fastest growing city regions in Finland. Around two-thirds of Finland’s economic activity is concentrated within a two-hour drive from Tampere. Tampere city center is estimated to attract 23% more inhabitants by 2030 and there will be over 6 billion euros worth investment in the development of the city in the coming years. In popularity polls, Tampere shines out as the most attractive city in Finland.
“The small and medium sized cities offer a more human scale, they often have lower operating costs and a higher quality of life. Many of the big names in technology are thriving in cities such as Munich, Tampere, Eindhoven and Reading (UK).”
– Douglas Clark, Location Connections as quoted in fDi Magazine